UNBOXING OF THE PACIFIC RIM PROP STORE AUCTION ITEM
PART TWO OF TWO: (PART ONE IS HERE)
Dr. Newton Geiszler’s (Charlie Day) Hannibal’s Office Shirt
(Prop Reg. # PSL 48012681)
Size: The tag, as was discovered during the auction, states: Club Monaco, Slim Fit, Size M.
Fitting: Oh boy. Strap yourself in. This might take a while. I’ll bullet the observations on fit for convenience-
- Charlie’s shoulders are likely no wider than my own. As you can see in the photos the shirt fits well in the shoulders. I’ve got wide shoulders anyway for my height and overall size, and often wear men’s shirts for this purpose. But to wear this shirt and see that the shoulders are not too BIG on me demonstrates exactly how petite Charlie is.
- Sleeves…oh boy. You can see in the photos my look of shock/awe. That is genuine, as I was kind of hyperventilating while putting the shirt on at first. Charlie has tiny little short arms. The cuff didn’t run over onto my hand as is usual when I wear larger men’s shirts.
- Throughout the torso the shirt fits very well. My measurements are roughly 36-7” in the chest (I’m not large breasted but I have a stocky ribcage), my waist is about 32”. The hips, to my surprise, were not tight and buttoned nicely over my ass. So the fit of the shirt is not quite as Slim as what I’d consider most men’s slim shirts in the butt and hips. Not sure how tight it was around Charlie’s hips but maybe he has some badonkadonk. ;)
- Belly observation: Sometimes the shirt appears somewhat tight over Charlie’s middle in the film. I have a bit of a tum and it’s not really that tight on me unless I pull it back in the center of the shirt where it’s tucked into the pants. Imagining Charlie’s dimensions and comparing while wearing the shirt, I imagine this only reinforces my thoughts of Newt’s adorable pudge. Read into that what you will. ;)
- AS you can see in the final shot, I was curious about the sleeves rolling up. There is not a lot of room. When I rolled up the sleeves, I realized that given they’ve used the same model, size and fit of shirt for his other scenes, Charlie has somewhat small forearms in circumference. I can squeeze a finger or two between my elbow and the shirt but once rolled up, the sleeves fit me trimly.
and randomly: My thoughts on Charlie’s height for reference. ;)
- Also I was curious as to Charlie’s neck size. Though his shirt is always unbuttoned at the top, I tried to button the neck hole all the way. Charlie’s neck is likely no larger than a 15-16” because that’s my neck size in men’s shirts.
- I’m not kidding when I say I was hyperventilating out of excitement when I first put the shirt on. My poor Hermann had to watch over Skype video haha! It was just surreal to be wearing the same shirt Charlie Day wore as Newt Geiszler. And I was a bit nervous about it fitting me but it fits like a glove- far better than any shirt I’ve bought for myself.
I’ve packed it away and will keep it in a garment bag so I can preserve the whole essence of the shirt, hehe. ;) I plan on wearing for short amounts of time to a few Pacific Rim events but it will otherwise remain safely stored away.
I will post photos of the detailing when I can get better shots of just the shirt. :)
I can not even believe how well this shirt fits this sweet Noot. What joy!!!